Browser & Email Client Picker
Switchbar allows you to select which browser, browser profile, or email client to use when you click on a web link on your Mac and PC. Each time you click on a link, Switchbar will prompt you to make a choice.
How It Works
Switchbar can prompt you to select the browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Brave, Vivaldi) or email client (e.g. Apple Mail, Spark, Outlook, webmail services such as gmail.com or outlook.com) you prefer whenever you open a particular link.
- Have multiple Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Brave, Vivaldi, Cốc Cốc or Sidekick browser profiles? Switchbar prompts you to pick which profile you prefer whenever you click on any link.
- Powerful behavior rules mean that Switchbar can pick the right browser or email client without prompting you. Always want links from your company website to open in Chrome? No problem.
- Open a link on one Apple device, then switch to another nearby device and pick up where you left off.
- Unshorten URLs created by URL shortening services (such as bit.ly, tinyurl.com) and reveal the original URLs.
Tracking Parameter Stripper
- Automatically remove tracking or redundant parameters from URLs to make them cleaner and more private.
Native App IntegrationmacOS-only
- Prefer to open web links in desktop apps instead of your browser? Use Switchbar to send and open links in popular Mac apps including Airtable, Figma, Jira, Linear, Notion, Trello.
- Switchbar browser extensions integrate the app with your favorite browsers (including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, Brave and Vivaldi), so you can move a web page from one browser to another at the click of a button.
- Switchbar API lets developers trigger Switchbar from their own scripts and programs. It works from the Terminal, AppleScript, or anywhere you can open a URL.
- Switchbar will automatically scan for all the apps you installed from WebCatalog and let you quickly open links using the most suitable apps. For example, whenever you open a trello.com link, Switchbar will prompt you to open it in the Trello app instead of your browser.